Whether you work from home, have a home-based business, or just want a quiet place to sit down and pay bills, meal plan, or handle other matters, we all have a need for some sort of a home office. One of the keys to creating an inspiring home office space is working with an interior design professional who can help you with incorporating the most important factors into your home office space.
- Organization – Everything that comes into your home must have a spot. If there’s no dedicated place for items, that’s when clutter begins to creep up around us.
- Comfort – One of the greatest pleasures of working from home is that you get to decide what makes your home office comfortable. Make sure you have plenty of leg room and invest in a chair that gives adequate back support. The more comfortable you are, the more productive you’ll be. Splurge on the chair!
- Lighting – There needs to be plenty of light to cut down on eye strain and prevent headaches. A space with lots of natural light pouring in is ideal, but not mandatory. There are great desk lamp and wall sconce options that put out a warm, soft glow.
- Storage – Even if your space is small, creative storage solutions will help you stay organized. Think vertically and horizontally. Use items such as shelves, cork boards, and grids on the available wall space. Use stylish bins, folders, and boxes for flat surfaces.
- Mood Elevation – Work isn’t always fun, but it is necessary. So, what gets you in the mood to work? Some folks prefer bright, cheery colors, like orange or yellow, while others lean more towards a soft palette, such as blues or greens. Use colors that work for you and get your motor running. Many studies over the years have shown how powerful color is, so let’s find your power color.
- Inspiration – As Pablo Picasso once said, “Everything you can imagine is real.” There are no wrong answers when it comes to what you imagine as inspiration. Maybe it’s a great quote or scripture, a special photo, or maybe even a cherished mug. Surround yourself with items that make you feel at home, productive, and inspired. When we feel good, we work harder and are more productive. Helpful tip: Get the cute sticky notes!
At Legacy Flooring and Interiors, we provide the ultimate combination of a contractor and an interior designer to assist you with having the home office space that truly inspires you. By considering both the functional aspect and the beautiful side, your Winston-Salem, North Carolina home office will be your favorite room of the house! Call today to learn more.